If you haven’t done so already, please take a moment to fill out the BlackLAN Survey. The survey will assist with understanding how BlackLAN can better support the network.
- Lys Divine Ndemeye selected as graduate 2020 National Olmsted Scholar
- Glenn LaRue Smith interviewed by the University of Michigan School for Environment and Sustainability
- Simone Heath featured in Pro Landscaper USA South
- Kofi Boone featured in the University of Michigan School for Environment and Sustainability News
- Karen Phillips receives the Oberlander Prize in honoris causa
- Walter Hood interviewed by Architectural Record
- Kevin Jeffery investigates the Relationship between Waterscapes and Mental Wellbeing through Blue Index
- Kene Okigbo shares his Perspective on Landscape Architecture with the Landscape Architecture Foundation
- Glenn LaRue Smith starts New Podcast, Everything but the Building
- Marc Miller pens article on Black Lives Matter in Landscapes
Andrew Sargeant, ASLA, Becomes Enterprise’s First Landscape Rose Fellow
Andrew Sargeant, ASLA, will be joining Cleveland Neighborhood Progress in Cleveland, Ohio to focus on human-centered urban design and landscape architecture strategies to empower communities to achieve equity and resilience. Read More.
Breeze Outlaw, ASLA, Joins the LAF Board of Directors
Breeze Outlaw, ASLA, 2016 Olmsted Scholar, is one of two Olmsted Scholars selected for the open Director position. They will be serving a 2-year term on the LAF Board of Directors. Read More.
Kofi Boone, FASLA, Appointed New LAF Board of Directors President-Elect and Elevated to ASLA Council of Fellows
Kofi Boone, FASLA, is now the new LAF Board of Directors President-Elect after serving 2 -years as Vice President of Education. Read more. In addition, Kofi has been elevated to ASLA Council of Fellows, which is the highest honors that ASLA bestows on members in recognition of the contributions of individuals to their profession and society at large based on their work, leadership and management, knowledge, and service. Read more.
Diane Jones Allen, PhD, FASLA, Becomes LAF Board of Directors New VP of Education
Diane Jones Allen, PhD, FASLA, takes on a new leadership role as LAF Board of Directors Vice President of Education. Read More.
Recent Webinars & Presentations
June 19, 2020 - Fred Brown, Breeze Outlaw, Vernice Miller-Travis, Kofi Boone
In this episode of ASkLA, we talk with Torey Carter-Conneen, the new CEO and EVP of ASLA. We’ll get to know Torey’s background and experience, as well as his vision for preparing ASLA for the future. This is a fantastic opportunity to get to know Torey, and hear how you can play a part in making ASLA the best organization it can be.
Harvard GSD Frederick Law Olmsted Lecture: Everett L. Fly, “American Cultural Landscapes: Black Roots and Treasures”
Learn how the Mardi Gras Indian Cultural Campus is helping to reverse the negative impacts of economic disinvestment, political neglect, and natural disasters that have eroded community pride and participation in New Orleans’ Central City, a once-thriving hub of African American civic and commercial life. Austin Allen, Ph.D., ASLA,; Chief Tyrone Casby, Matt A. Williams, ASLA, moderated by Ujijji Davis Williams, ASLA.
Designing Justice through Landscape Architecture, Bryan Lee and Kofi Boone
Centering Perspectives: Discussion of Black Equity in Landscape Architecture, Andrew Sargeant, Elizabeth Kennedy, Kofi Boone, Mercedes Ward
Scholarship, Fellowship, & Internship Opportunities
- Mellon Fellowships in Urban Landscape Studies | December 1, 2020
- LAF Deb Mitchell Research Grant | December 1, 2020
- GGN Paid Remote Internship | December 11, 2020
- CELA DEI Scholarship | December 21, 2020
- NatureNet Science Fellows Program | January 1, 2021
- Urban Forestry Fellowship | January 31, 2021
- The Frances “Frank” Rollin Fellowship | February 1, 2021